As a monthly donor you’ll be helping the Dave Smith Youth Treatment Centre Foundation plan for future improvements more easily and increase our capacity to support the needs of the Dave Smith Youth Treatment Centre. Best of all you’ll be supporting at-risk youth and families in crisis. Many donors prefer to give every month as it is easier to plan for versus a lump sum at the end of the year.
Supporting the Dave Smith Youth Treatment Centre Foundation through the United Way of Ottawa-Carleton campaign as a designated charity is another option for supporting our important work. In addition, corporations and businesses may have charitable matching programs that will allow you to double your gift.
Donate through CanadaHelps and submit your receipt to your corporation for matching.
In addition, your company can host fundraising events to benefit the Foundation. Please contact us to learn more.
Third party Events
We are a small foundation and rely on the generosity and assistance of others in order to make a bigger impact in the important work of raising funds for the Dave Smith Youth Treatment Centre.
There are many events organized and run by people and organizations that have chosen The Dave Smith Youth Treatment Centre Foundation as the recipient of part or all of their proceeds. We appreciate every one of them.
We are very thankful of the events that have supported us including: Cracking Up the Capital, Ottawa 67’s, Ottawa Masons, Kiwanis Club of West Ottawa, Indo-Caribbean Cultural Celebration, Valentine for Lives and CUPE 503.
If you are interested in raising funds on our behalf, here are some fun ideas:
- Birthday party – Many of us have all we need so instead of asking your friends to give you gifts, you can ask them to make a donation to support youth and families.
- Golf Tournament – Golfers are a charitable group and there are many golf tournaments throughout Ottawa. If you are a tournament planner and want to make a difference in the lives of youth and families, we can help you design and promote your tournament.
- Music night – There is so much talent in Ottawa, hire a band, invite a ton of friends and strangers, charge a cover at the door and direct proceeds to the Foundation.
- Silent auction – Businesses are very generous and are often willing to donate an item to your silent auction. Find a venue and set up the items for the auction, put a bid sheet in front of it and let people go.
- Bake sale – We appreciate the talent of bakers and believe that when you get a whole bunch of goodies together, you can sell them and donate the money to help troubled youth in your community.
These are just a few ideas on how to raise funds. Please contact us and we can assist you with your ideas and can support you in a number of ways.
One time Giving
If you make a one-time gift to the Dave Smith Youth Treatment Centre Foundation, you will be helping to change young lives for the better and healing families. Even a small donation helps create brighter futures.
Ways you can Give:
- Call 613-594-8333 x1304
- Mail a cheque to 112 Willowlea Rd, Ottawa, Ontario, K0A 1L0
(please address the cheque to ‘Dave Smith Youth Treatment Centre Foundation’)
- Donate online by clicking the button below
Are you a dedicated, reliable and passionate person with a particular skill or talent you want to share? If so, we would love to have you as part of our volunteer team!
If you would like your name added to our volunteer list, please contact us.
Current Positions Available:
- Math and Science Tutors
- Event Volunteers
Directing funds in your Will affirms your support of the Dave Smith Youth Treatment Centre Foundation after your passing. When you indicate our organization in your Will, your funds can support current funding priorities or be designated to a specific project.
There are numerous ways of dedicating your bequest:
- gifts funded with cash or cash equivalents,
- publicly listed securities,
- proceeds from RRSPs and/or RRIFs, or
- gifts of real estate and/or gifts of other tangible property.