What information do we collect?
When donating or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your Name, Email address, Mailing address, Phone number, Credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to a newsletter, make a donation, register for an event or contact us through our web site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a donation, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other updates.
How do we protect visitor information?
We use an SSL certificate.
We implement security measures when a user:
- makes a donation.
- enters, submits, or accesses their information.
We use a payment gateway provider.
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart,
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits,
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer Personally Identifiable Information.
Third party links
We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future.
Users are able to change their personal information:
- By emailing us at Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor them and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
We allow tracking through Google Analytics.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
CAN SPAM Act
We collect your email address:
To send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
To process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
- We may also send you additional information related to your donation or inquiry.
To be accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- We will NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- We will identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- We will include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- We will monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- We will honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- We will give an ‘opt-out’ or ‘unsubscribe’ option
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
Dave Smith Youth Treatment Centre Foundation
112 Willowlea Rd, Ottawa, ON K0A 1L0
613-594-8333, Extension 1304